The Transportation Access Program (TAP) was established to provide transportation support to VNSF scholarship recipients for the purpose of advancing their education. The TAP program was initially funded by Jason Weiss with a matching donation of $1200. This amount was matched by VNSF for a total starting fund of $2400.
Where the money goes
TAP Grants: Varies from $10 – 100
Scholarship recipient criteria:
- Must be a VNSF scholarship recipient
- Must not have received a TAP award within the past 12 months of application
- Must be able to articulate hardship in reaching school or accessing educational resources.
- Students who request bicycles must live at least 3KM from their school
- Applicants submit a TAP application and essay
- Applications are reviewed by the program committee
- Accepted students receive funds to purchase their bicycle
- Proof of purchase (a receipt and/or photo of the student and bike) is sent back to VNSF