This scholarship was created by the Rhim family to help needy students studying in Viet Nam achieve their life’s ambition to become a doctor.
In a country where medical services are not as prevalent or up to date in rural, farming communities, it’s a blessing that the Rhims have started this scholarship. Many of the applicants for this prestigious scholarship have high hopes and a studious drive towards achieving their dream of becoming a doctor and one day returning to their local communities to improve healthcare in their communities. VNSF is honored to help the Rhims make such a meaningful impact not only in the lives of these bright students but the lives and communities they will touch in the course of their future career in medicine.
Where the money goes
Annual scholarship amount: $1000
Scholarship recipient criteria:
- Financially need
- Minimum GPA of 8.5
- University level
- Region: Sai Gon or Can Tho
- Area of Study: Medicine
- Our local contacts in each province collect applications from children
- Applications are pre-screened against our scorecard
- Students who meet our requirements are interviewed in their homes in March
- The Scholarship Acceptance Committee selects which students will receive scholarships
- Scholarships are dispursed before the term begins
- Student grades are reported at the end of each term.
- For new applicants, acceptance and rejection letters are sent in the Fall.
- For existing students, warning letters are sent to students whose grades jeopardize their status for scholarhip renewal.