Our goal is to provide impoverished students in rural Vietnam with the financial means necessary to complete their education.
Why There Is a Need
In Vietnam, families have to pay school tuition to send their children to school. Many Vietnamese families farm or fish for a living and do not have stable incomes. As a result, most can not afford the cost of school every year.
How VNSF Helps
This program provides stipends to motivated and financially needy students in Vietnam. Students who qualify for this scholarship receive ongoing support during their entire education.
- $45 — Primary school
- $54 — Secondary school
- $89 — High school
- $107 — Trade school (*)
- $214 — College (**)
- $320 — University (***)
** Associate’s degree (usually 3 years)
*** B.S. or B.A. degree (usually 4-5 years)
Criteria for Selecting Students
We make a long-term commitment to every student we accept. Each recipient is guaranteed scholarships until they graduate from college. We make sure every student is deserving of your donation & support by evaluating the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Demonstrable financial hardship
- Commitment to their education
- Local province collect applications
- Applications are screened
- Eligible students are interviewed in their homes
- Qualified students are selected & notified by the VNSF Board
- Scholarships are disbursed
- Students submit report cards to receive continuing support